Monday, September 6, 2010

It doesn't pay

I know that this will piss off some people, but this is just how things look to me right now.

It doesn't pay to be an involved Dad and primary bread winner when it comes to separation and divorce.

When I was married I was a very involved Dad raising my children. I changed diapers, I stayed up late at nights when they were sick, play with them, and took them places. Now I know that this is just part of being good Dad, I did what I should have done. I don't expect any kinds special prize for it. But what hurts is that I was also the primary bread winner, which meant more time at work and traveling into the city to go where the high paying jobs are.

Now that I am separated I am trapped, I have to continue to work downtown to earn a good income so that I can continue support my kids and myself. But because they don't live with me I work and don't see them when I get home from work. Now I come home to an empty house, and miss them terribly. But like I said I am trapped, I want to keep my kids in their current area and to do that I have to travel to get to work.

It can be very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment