Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Summer Half Done



Hello

Well, summer is half done and all is good.  I think this has by far been the smoothest that a summer has run since I started living with my new love and now wife.  Although tragity did happen with the passing of out family dog but over all things have been great.

I have been trying to figure out why, what has changed.  The participants are all the same, the location is the same….what changed.

The only thing I can really come up with is that time has passed and all of us are learning more and more about each other and how better to work as a team how to look past our differences and focus more what we have in common.

I will say one thing that has really helped is that my wife and I insist that we all eat dinner together.  Breakfast and lunch are whenever you want it but dinner is required to sit down and have together. 

There is a lot of true to the old saying that breaking bread together brings people and families together.  There has been more than a few dinners where the conversation with nothing more then what the weather was like but at least we were all together.

We have also told the kids that they are always welcome to invite a friend to dinner as well.  This helps create a fun atmosphere and the conversation is always more lively.




No comments:

Post a Comment